What can ICP Smart Contracts (canisters) do?
- Store data for ~$5 per GB per year.
- Directly host an EVM natively.
- Pay for transaction fees on behalf of users with the reverse gas model.
- Beat Cardano, Solana, Algorand, Avalanche, & Near on key performance metrics while remaining decentralizated.
What kind of dapps are live on ICP today?
- Other great social media dapps such as Distrikt, Hot or Not, TAGGR, & Seers.
- Defi dapps such as InfinitySwap, ICPSwap, Sonic, Finterest, & ICDex.
- A decentralized email service, a crowdfunding platform, and a Web3 search engine
- NFT marketplaces such as Entrepot and Yumi.
- A functional minecraft-style metaverse with NFT islands.
How do you build on ICP?
- Smart contracts (canisters) can be written with Rust, Motoko, Typescript, or Python.
- You can learn how to build on the Internet Computer for free, virtually, and without quitting your day job by joining Motoko Bootcamp, and move into a full time web3 dev role within 3-9 months!
- Anyone can build fully decentralized static websites using no-code tools like ICME.
- Everything you need to get started learning how to build on the Internet Computer can be found on the Internet Computer Academy, awesome ICP repo, or the documentation.
- You can find sample code for any type of dapp in one place.
- Build with professional dev tooling like Juno, ICPipeline, or IC Services.